Is this the real life or is this just fantasy? Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone's trailer for their upcoming musical movie La La Land was everything we wanted and more. Ryan singing to Emma, Emma looking at Ryan with so much tenderness, both of them waltzing in outer freaking space... Sometimes, we CAN have nice things.
We've reel-life shipped Ryan and Emma since Crazy, Stupid, Love and we followed them to 1940s LA in Gangster Squad. We thought that was it, but apparently these two can't quit each other, much like the way we can't quit them! This musical romance about an aspiring actress and a struggling jazz musician was written and directed by the same genius behind Whiplash so you know it’s going to be good. It comes out in the US in December, and while we wait for it to reach our shores, let's review all the ways they slayed us with their perfection.
- This perfectly appropriate response to a playful bite on the shoulder.
- This perfectly appropriate response to Ryan's abs.
- The way they're drawn toward each other. Always.
- We mean, just look at that body language and symmetry.
- This heartbreaking scene.
- Whatever is happening here, we're all for it.
- Y SO CUTE
- Swoon! (Can we pretty please go next, Ryan?)
- Can't stop, won't stop. Boop.
- RIP us.
Do you ship Ryan and Emma, too? Tell us in the comments section below!