- When you register to become a Candymag.com member, we ask for your name,
email address, birth date, gender, civil status, contact nos and home address.
We also ask you to answer some simple questions about your lifestyle and personal
preferences, such as Internet usage and current educational status. We use
this information to create a profile of our members that will help us develop
our features and services. This profile will be presented as general demographics
in our media kit and other advertising materials. We do not sell, trade, or
rent your personal information to others. We only provide personal information
to sponsors if you specify your interest in receiving information from the
- When you subscribe to any of our newsletters (Sweet Reminders, Contest Alerts
etc.), all we need is your email address, which is used to send your chosen
- To create topics and post messages in TEENTalk, our message boards, you should be a registered Candymag.com member. Your username is displayed with every message you post. Other members of the Candymag.com community may view your advance profile you entered only in TEENTalk. Your username serves as a hyperlink to display only your TEENTalk profile. When you register to be a member, you may choose not to show your email address. Read the Candymag.com Registration Agreement and Terms or Post your questions in TEENTalk's House Rules/Questions and Suggestions
- To enter special contests, promotions or polls, you must be a registered Candymag.com member. We use your personal information to administer the contest, notify the winners or verify registered voters.
- We may also use the information we collect to occasionally notify you about
important functionality changes to our website, new services, and special
offers we think you'll find valuable. If you would rather not receive this
information, visit your personal Member Profile page to change your preferences.
Make sure to change your preferences for each account or email address you
have left with us.
We may republish your TEENTalk posts to enrich Candymag.com content. If we do so, we will notify you. Republished posts will be identified only by usernames alone.
Teen-friendly companies and retail stores sponsor our contests. Contest sponsors will be authorized to access Contest Reports that may contain the following: contest statistics (total number of participants and date joined); contest results (list of winners and tabulation of answers); and participant demographics (such as age and gender). On some contests, we provide the option to receive more information from the sponsor. You will receive such information only if you choose to.
OTHER SPONSOR SERVICES
Candymag.com facilitates Research Studies/Groups and Surveys for sponsors. These services offer our sponsors targeted discussions or evaluations of their product/service and direct communication with their consumers. We offer these services to sponsors in order to provide added value to your Candymag.com experience. Your participation in these activities will allow you to collect tangible benefits and rewards.
Research groups are administered to a select set of members, you will only be part of a research group if you accept the invitation to participate. You are under no obligation to participate. If you do not wish to be invited to research groups, simply decline the email invitation. Sponsors will be authorized to access Research Group Reports that may contain the following: research group profile (total number of participants, date joined, and demographics); discussion transcript/s; survey tabulation with individual responses; and contest winners. They will have no access to your personal information unless you specify your interest in receiving information from the sponsor.
Surveys are open to all interested Candymag.com members. Sponsors will be authorized to access Survey Reports that may contain the following: survey group profile (total number of participants, date joined, and demographics); and survey tabulation with individual responses. They will have no access to your personal information unless you specify your interest in receiving information from the sponsor.
We take special precautions in protecting the privacy our young readers. While we expect parents to give their children a talk on staying safe on the Internet and constant guidance, we also take active steps to educate and protect the teens who visit and use our website. We provide informative feature articles on the subject of online safety and set up strict rules for the online community. We never censor discussion on TEENtalk or in the chatrooms; however, we do monitor them closely for offensive, abusive, and threatening messages. We also provide contact informations (by telephone, fax, mail, and email) that are dedicated to assisting and guiding our young members.
Before you go further into the Internet, we invite you to read "CyberSafety", (a primer on protecting yourself on the Internet.)
HOW DOES CANDYMAG.COM PROTECT MEMBER INFO?
The member data we collect are protected against unauthorized access. We also implement every possible measure to safeguard our servers from illegal intrusions. Members have the option to display information contained in their personal member profile.
WHAT ABOUT "COOKIES"?
Aside from being delicious little goodies, "cookies" are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. If you are a registered member, our cookies will remember your computer so that you don't need to log in each time you visit Candymag.com. Your computer identity is the only information stored in our cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually program your browser to prevent that. If you refuse the cookie, you will simply have to log in to Candymag.com each time you visit to enjoy your member benefits completely.
NOTE: It is best that you always log-out everytime you finish browsing through Candymag.com, especially if you're using a public computer (such as computer shops). This is your responsibility to prevent others from viewing your profile.
WILL CANDYMAG.COM DISCLOSE THE INFO IT COLLECTS TO
Candymag.com does not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others. We allow access only to member/participant demographics. We only give your personal information to sponsors if you indicate that you would like to receive information from them. Also, Candymag.com may publish aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns, and related site information in media kits and other advertising materials. These statistics will include no personally identifying information.
Candymag.com may release account information when we believe, in good faith, that such release is reasonably necessary to (i) comply with law, (ii) enforce or apply the terms of any of our user agreements or (iii) protect the rights, property or safety of Candymag.com, our users, or others.
HOW DOES CANDYMAG.COM ALLOW CUSTOMERS TO UPDATE OR
CHANGE THE INFO IT COLLECTS?
You may update or change information related to your Candymag.com personal member profile by accessing your personal Member Profile page when you log in with your username and password. For other questions related to updating or changing your account information, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We use the information we collect on the site to enhance your Candymag.com experience. We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others. We share your personal information only to trustworthy sponsors if you indicate that you wish to recieve information from them. We release demographics and aggregate statistics only to trustworthy third parties. If you never want to receive any announcements or special offers from us, visit your personal Member Profile page to change your preferences. Remember to change your preferences for each of the email accounts you have given us.
We’re ringing in the new year with batch 14 of the Candy Council of Cool! Have you seen their very first All Access feature in our December-January issue? (Page 78!) As you might...
1. Style Equation: Dress + Sunglasses
- 2. 30 Days of Style: Aimee Wood
- 3. Candy TV: #SelfieReady Pink Eyes
- 4. Candy TV: Scene Stealer
- 5. 6 Ways to Style a Scarf
- 6. Style Equation: Bikini + Shorts
- 7. 5 in 5: Dominic Roque
- 8. 5 in 5: Dominic Roque
- 9. Behind the Scenes: The Only Place
- 10. Candy TV: Julia Barretto on the Cover
1. 5 Best No-Makeup Makeup Looks
- 2. 5 Things You Missed While You Were In School
- 3. Beauty Blog Stalking: Polished Pinay
- 4. FN Link Love: New Love Team Alert—Julia Barretto and Enrique Gil
- 5. Get the Look: Kathryn Bernardo's Neutral Makeup
- 6. How Cool Is Catching Fire’s OST? Very Cool.
- 7. Blast From The Past: Remembering 12 Of Our Fave Shows
- 8. 5 Stylish Girls This Week
- 9. 5 Worst Things That Can Happen to Your Hair
- 10. Get the Look: Janella Salvador's Silky Straight Hair
1. Get the Look: Julia Montes' Glam Curls
- 2. Get the Look: Kathryn Bernardo's Neutral Makeup
- 3. Twitter Talk: Julia Barretto, Linn Oeymo, Kathryn Bernardo, And More Celebritweets
- 4. Twitter Talk: Kim Chiu, Kathryn Bernardo, Coleen Garcia, And Other Celebritweets This Week
- 5. The Art of Modern-Day Ligaw As Illustrated By Joaquin And Chichay Of Got To Believe
- 6. Twitter Talk: Spooky Celebritweets And More From Lauren Young, Julie Anne San Jose, And More
- 7. Top Tengs: 10 Things You Should Know About The Teng Brothers
- 8. Twitter Talk: Sam Concepcion, Elmo Magalona, Daniel Padilla, And More Celebritweets Rallying Relief Efforts
- 9. 5 Things Not To Do When There's A Supertyphoon Coming
- 10. Twitter Talk: Celebritweets From Julia Barretto, Kathryn Bernardo, Lauren Young, And More
- what do you do before sleeping? :>
^^^ Pare-pa reho pala tayo,mga girlies. Read more
Posted on Today at 05:42:29 am
- latest addiction is...
Josh Hutcherson's filmography. Read more
Posted on Today at 05:20:27 am
- Let's play a I've watched that movie Game
Quote from: duchess_goddess on December 05, 2013, 10:03:18 pmNope. 0;Hours? Ye s. Bridge to Terabithia? Read more
Posted on Today at 05:16:55 am
- Let's play a-I've read that book Game.
Quote from: vannyxo on December 05, 2013, 12:24:51 pmnope. The Book Thief? YES! Casual Vacancy? Read more
Posted on Today at 05:11:56 am
- --->Did you ever fall for a character in the book you were reading?
^^ Yeah. He's got that "nobody loves me" vibe going on for him. Read more
Posted on Today at 05:11:07 am