Hey Candy Girl!
Now that you've logged on to Candymag.com, check out these important TIPS that you should take to heart. We, at Candymag.com, want you to be always safe and protected whenever you're online.
The internet opens you to a whole new world of possibilities! You can get anything from the web for FREE! All the information you can handle is up for grabs! Plus, you get to interact with so many people that share the same interests as yours. But meeting them could also lead to trouble if you don't know the proper netiquette.
Thus, here are guidelines that will keep you protected online:
- Keep everything brief and short whether it's writing emails, posting on boards or talking in instant messengers and chatrooms. Also, please don't send out so many messages to one person. This might ignite a flame war.
- Refrain from using foul, insulting and offensive language. Think of the other people online as if you're talking to them personally. Let us respect each other's opinions. You wouldn't want to be treated that harshly right?
- Your thoughts posted on the internet can be read by everyone. Nothing you write is private! But at the same time, respect the privacy of people online. If they ask you to keep a secret, stick to it!
- Don't mock other people online. There are people who might not get what you mean. You might be joking with them but they might see it as sarcasm. Try using emoticons or popularly known as smileys if you want to be funny or if you want to downplay a harsh opinion.
- Avoid SPAM mail! They're very irritating and useless emails.
- Delete unknown emails because they might contain viruses.
- Only use your email address or your username when chatting or posting on boards. Never give out personal information to anyone on the web whether it's in boards or chatrooms.
- Always log-out especially if you're in computer shops because someone might just hack your account and use it for unlawful purposes. Most importantly, do not share your password to anyone!
We should work hand-in-hand to make the internet a safe place where we can share our thoughts to everyone. It's also high time that we educate each other as to how a powerful tool the internet is. Let us share this information to our parents, siblings and friends. Spread the good word around!
Furthermore, The Boston Public Library published tips on the net for your
kids. Learn more and share more.
SOME TIPS ABOUT NETIQUETTE FOR KIDS
- Avoid hurting someone's feelings with e-mail. Sometimes, online, people can't tell that you are joking. When you write an e-mail message, make sure the person you're sending it to will know whether you are happy, sad, angry, joking, etc. You can do this by using smileys, such as :).
- Respect other people's online rights. People on the Internet have rights just as they do in everyday life. If someone sends you a threatening letter, or makes crank phone calls to your house, it can be annoying and sometimes very scary. The same is true on the Internet. If someone sends you e-mail which threatens you or makes you feel uncomfortable, talk to a parent or other adult right away.
- Avoid insulting someone unless you want to start a flame war. A flame war is when angry people try to punish each other with e-mail. Sometimes this can be done by sending so many messages that a mailbox gets jammed, and sometimes this is done by sending a few very nasty messages meant to hurt someone's feelings. If you insult someone with e-mail, they will probably get angry just as they would if you insulted them face to face.
- If someone insults you, be calm. Starting a flame war is serious business on the Net. Even if you are angry with someone, you don't need to take things any further. Try being calm, ignoring the message, or sending a polite message asking for them to explain what they meant. It may have been a misunderstanding.
- Avoid "crashing" discussion groups or forums. People on the Net frequently get together online to talk about things they may have in common. This can be done on a listserv, a bulletin board, a chat group, etc. If you join the discussion just for the fun of "crashing" it, or ruining it, people will definitely get angry.
- Respect the privacy of other people. If someone tells you something secret, it should be kept secret. This includes passwords, full names, addresses, or interests. Sharing your own password with someone else, even someone you like, is never a good idea. Passwords and personal information are private, and are never safe to share with others.
- Be responsible online. When you are at the computer, you are in control. Avoid using the computer to harm other people. Taking things which are not yours (such as files, passwords, or credit card numbers), spreading rumors about other people online, and infecting other computers with viruses (on purpose) are examples of harming other people online.
- Help other people learn more about the Net. Chances are someone else taught you a lot of what you know about the Internet. The Net is growing quickly, and it's difficult to keep up. Other kids, or even your parents and teachers, may need help understanding what it's all about. Try to help them if you can. Who knows? They might show you a thing or two someday.
I won't deny it: I spend way too much time online. Mostly I'm just stalking people on Facebook and Instagram, other times I'm doing something more useful like reading articles...
Have you seen the movie? Take this to find out which of these four ladies are you most like!
- << LUMPY SPACE CLARA >> I can be smooth; someone punch out my lumps! D:
Apir tayo dyan sis! Hahahaha bigay mo sa kin link ng story mo basahin ko Read more
Posted on Today at 04:21:21 pm
- Stories with .doc copies?-I BET YOU WON'T READ PAGE 54 AND STILL POST YOUR EMAIL
pahingi rin po ako ng softcopies..... uy_belle@yahoo. com THANK YOU... Read more
Posted on Today at 04:08:59 pm
- Blog Site: Tumblr.com
If you love a good read, here's my Tumblr blog. Read more
Posted on Today at 04:02:47 pm
- JUNE 10 Pasukan na naman! Malapit na matapos ang Bakasyon :3 Usap tayo! xD
True to that! Pero sa totoo lang nabobore na ako sa bahay e. Wala naman kasing magawa bale update na lang sa story ko at tsaka ... Read more
Posted on Today at 03:47:52 pm
- Orthodontics and Dental topics (Braces, Retainers, etc.) [Merged]
oh, thanks girls siguro nga pagpaplanuhan na namin pumunta sa dentist and magpabrace. magkano ba yung nagastos nyo sa braces n... Read more
Posted on Today at 03:42:38 pm